Nuevo Amplificador de Potencia modelo 2734
In recent years the task of measuring sound insulation between adjacent apartments or the reverberation time in for example a classroom as an indicator of speech clarity, has become an almost weekly or even daily occurrence for some acoustic professionals. Facilitated by the ever increasing capability of the measurement systems and the ever decreasing size of the required equipment, building acoustic assessments are now used widely to certify rooms for their intended use, diagnose noise nuisance issues and improve music or theatre performing spaces.
Recent advances in power amplifier technology have presented Brüel & Kjær with an opportunity to introduce a number of new operational benefits to building acoustics practitioners in the shape of the compact Type 2734 Building Acoustics Power Amplifier. This highly functional amplifier was designed to work with the Brüel & Kjær range of omni-directional sound sources used in field based building acoustic measurement.
The small and lightweight class D amplifier has a high efficiency, high power output delivering up to 500W to the associated sound source. Built into a robust and hard wearing flight case the Type 2734 is designed for the rigours of transportation and operation in dusty building construction environments.
Impressive power amplifier performance is certainly at the heart of the Type 2734 however the functionality making it an excellent choice for building acoustics measurement has been suggested largely by individuals and organizations working in field based building acoustics.
Some of the more notable functionality integrated into the Type 2734 is outlined as follows.
Weighing less than 7Kg the Type 2734 power amplifier is easy to transport to the measurement location whether that be at ground floor or top floor level.
Type 2734 power amplifier used for Building Acoustic measurement
- Noiseless amplifier operation for when the measurements require it e.g. reverberation time measurement in quiet conditions, and low noise, fan cooled operation when long periods of high level output are required.
- Built-in pink and white noise generator controlled manually or automatically using the wireless remote control option for the Type 2250, 2270 and 2260 hand-held analyzers.
- Wireless transmission of the test signal from the measuring instrument to the amplifier using the UL-0256 wireless accessory option allows a simple and cable free measurement process.
- Calibrated controls and level indicator lamps ensure reproducing previous amplifier settings is clear and easy. The indicator lamps also serve to protect the sound source from excessive signal levels.
- All connectors and controls are conveniently located on the front of the amplifier.
- For flexibility, the power amplifier has XLR, jack and BNC input sockets with BNC, line-out and speaker output sockets.
The Type 2734 Power Amplifier is released and available from October 7th in two model varieties, 2734-A is the standard building acoustics power amplifier configuration and the 2734-B additionally includes the integrated UL-0256 wireless transmitter/receiver option.
For further information on the new Type 2734 Power Amplifier click here